Climate Change Impacts on Water Resources Project is being conducted by General Directorate of Water Management and will be finalized this year. One of the outputs of the Project is Sectoral Impact Analysis within 3 pilot river basins in Turkey. One of the selected river basins in the context of the Project is Meriç- Ergene River Basin. With ongoing studies related to Sectoral Impact Analysis in the Basin, some researches about water consumption of drinking and tap water, agriculture, industry, ecosystem and textile sectors were done in mentioned river basin.
Representatives from General Directorate of Water Management and Contractor Company have been a part of the study visit in the area. Many places, as shown below, were visited and also highlighting the importance of sharing information and strenghthening of cooperation amongst institutions were mentioned in the technical part of the study visit.
- Çerkezköy Organized Industrial Zone and one of the textil factories in the zone. ( The zone is situated in Tekirdağ)
- Tekirdağ Water and Sewage Administration ( Tekirdağ Su ve Kanalizasyon İdaresi- TESKİ),
- The General Directorate of State Hydraulic Water Works (DSİ) 11. Regional Directorate,
- Ministry of Forestry and Water Affairs (OSİB) 3. Regional Directorate- Edirne Branch Office
- İnece Irrigation Cooperative (It is situated in Kırklareli)
In the context of the Project, that idea exchange on the problems and possible solution related to climate change effects on the sectors has been, especially for drinking and tap water, agriculture, industry, ecosystem and textile representatives. Climatic problems were highlighted from the regional institutions and organizations and shared with the representatives of General Directorate of Water Management and Contractor Company.
In the context of Climate Change Impacts on Water Resources Project, all of the compiled assessments at the end of the study visit will be reflected into the reports.